Steel for the future. With a long tradition.
A committed entrepreneurial approach and a passion for steel production have shaped Buderus Edelstahl and made the company successful. With a company history spanning almost three centuries, Buderus Edelstahl GmbH from Wetzlar is a renowned German steel producer.
- 1731 – The company was founded by Johann Wilhelm Buderus I on 14 March 1731.
- 1836 – Johann Wilhelm Buderus II took over the management of the Friedrichshütte charcoal blast furnace plant.
- 1884 – The company became a public limited company under the name Buderus‘sche Eisenwerke AG.
- 1920 – Stahlwerke Buderus-Röchling AG was founded on 20 April 1920 and was renamed Stahlwerke Röchling Buderus in 1924.
- 1965 – The company was renamed Edelstahlwerke Buderus AG – Complete integration in the Flick group.
- 2001 – Advanced Tooling Tek (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. (ATT) was established and started supplying tool steel from Edelstahlwerke Buderus in China.
- 2003 – Crude steel production reached a peak value – Robert Bosch GmbH took over the company
- 2005 – Edelstahlwerke Buderus AG was sold to Austrian company Böhler-Uddeholm AG – The company was renamed Buderus Edelstahl GmbH.
- 2007 – The Austrian company voestalpine AG took over Böhler-Uddeholm AG.
- 2016 – ATT joined the High Performance Metals division of voestalpine and is now a subsidiary to voestalpine High Performance Metals Pacific Pte Ltd.